Wednesday, July 22, 2009

60x48 Commission: Color Palette Review


"Dear Commission Client,

Please review this rough painting. This sketch is to be considered solely in terms of colors and balance of colors. (This is not meant to suggest any particular shapes, details or other imagery to be used in the final artwork.)

How does this color palette feel to you? Is this what you were imagining for Harvest Colors?

How do you feel about the balance of colors in this sketch?

I have added a shade of dark brown to our originally described palette. Using the espresso hue will increase the range of contrast, bringing greater depth to the painting. It would be used only for small areas of detail.

So far I haven't liked the green hues that I have tried with this palette. I hope to get a better sense of what shade to use or if the green works at all once I'm working with the full-size canvas.

If you don't mind, I would like you to send the rough painting back after making your comments. I will need it for color reference as I work on the full-size piece. I am happy to give it back to you at the end of the project if you like.

Please email me with your comments.

Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely, Latifah Shay"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?